Very fine grain & high sharpness
KODAK PROFESSIONAL XTOL Developer is a two-part powder developer for processing Kodak and other manufacturers’ normally exposed, pushed, or pulled black-and-white films. It offers full emulsion speed and easy mixing, and can be used as both a developer and a replenisher in a variety of equipment, from small tanks (8 to 64fluidounces), trays, or rotary tubes to high-volume processors.
- Ascorbic acid-based black-and-white film developer: very fine image quality at full emulsion speed
- No hydroquinone: conveient room temperature mixing for immediate use
- Two-part powder: quick, easy mixing
- One solution for both developer and replenisher: versatility, simplified mixing & storage procedures
- Excellent keeping properties: good shelf life (6 months after mixing when stored in full bottles), high resistance to breakdown from oxidation during storage or in replenished processes & less waste
- Robust, abuse-tolerant, clean-working solution: stable performance across a range of temperatures, dilutions & agitation methods. Less frequent tnk cleaning.
- Contrast Index similar to that produced by other developers: negatives with printing characteristics like those processed in other general-purpose developers
- Excellent emulsion speed with normal and push processing: enhanced shadow contrast & improved highlight detail with some films
- Fine grain and high sharpness: enhanced sharpness, especially with 1:1 dilution. Enlargeability of negatives 10percent greater with equivalent sharpness and grain (image quality)