AFS 70-300MM F4.5-5.6G
high-performance super telephoto zoom
The AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED is a high-performance super telephoto zoom lens that has been designed to meet the demands of both digital and 35mm format SLR users. It offers a 4.3x zoom with a range of 70-300mm (105-450mm on a DX Nikon D-SLR) and features ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that ensure superior optical performance. This lens incorporates Nikon’s second-generation vibration reduction system (VR II) that allows flexible hand-held shooting by stabilizing the image to the equivalent extent of using a shutter speed that is four stops faster when compared with a conventional lens (as determined by Nikon performance test). The SWM (Silent Wave Motor) and IF (Internal Focusing) ensure fast and quiet focusing action, and the nine-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend smoothly to produce natural-looking, harmonious backgrounds.
- 4.3x high-power zoom with a range of 70-300mm. Equivalent to 105-450mm when used with a DX format D-SLR camera.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables quiet automatic focusing with quick and convenient switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- IF (Internal Focusing) design for fixed lens length and non-rotating front element allows the use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories.
- VR II offers the equivalent stability of a shutter speed that is 2.5* stops faster. Normal Mode counters hand-held vibration and Active Mode reduces mechanically-induced vibrations.
- 2 ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
- Focus options - Automatic with manual override and Manual only.
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds.
- 67mm diameter filter attachment size (non-rotating).
- Focal length - 70-300mm
- Maximum aperture - f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum aperture - f/32-40
- Lens construction - 17 elements in 12 groups (two ED glass elements)
- Angle of view - 34°20’ - 8°10’ (22°50’ - 5°20’ with Nikon DX format)
- Minimum focus distance - 1.5m / 4.9 ft. (through the entire zoom range)
- Maximum reproduction ratio - 1/4
- No. of diaphragm blades - 9 (rounded)
- Filter attachment size - 67mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount) - Approximately 80 x 143.5 mm/3.1 x 5.6 in.
- Weight - Approximately 745 g/26.3 oz.
- Supplied accessories - 67mm Snap-on front lens cap LC-67, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-36, Flexible lens pouch CL-1022