EF 16-35MM F/4L IS USM
Fixed aperture, ultra wide-angle zoom lens with IS
Capture stunning landscapes and architectural images using this compact and lightweight, high-performance, f/4 fixed aperture, ultra wide-angle zoom lens with Image Stabilizer. Ideal for professionals and enthusiasts.
- Get more in every shot with ultra wide-angle zoom lens
- Superior L-series performance with precision optics
- Enjoy consistent exposures with constant f/4 aperture
- Capture steady shots even in low light with 4-stop Image Stabilizer
- Never miss a shot with fast, silent autofocus
COMES WITH LENS CASE LP1219 AND LENS HOOD EW-82
Ultra wide-angle 16-35mm zoom lens - This high performance, fixed aperture, ultra wide-angle zoom lens combines excellent optical performance with flexibility, making it ideal for landscapes, architectural shots, photo journalism, travel and general use – delivering clear, sharp, expansive images with very little distortion.
L-series quality - The L-series is Canon's flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture.
Constant f/4 aperture - Ideal for use in a wide range of light conditions, the f/4 maximum aperture stays constant over the full focal-length range, so there is no variation in shutter speed or ISO when zooming.
Sharp images with 4-stop Image Stabilizer - The EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM delivers steady shots in all situations, particularly when shooting handheld in low light or at the macro setting. The lens incorporates Canon’s four-stop Image Stabilizer technology and automatically detects normal shooting or panning motion, switching to the IS mode optimal for either situation.
Ultrasonic focusing - A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Full-time manual override lets you fine tune focus without leaving AF mode.
Smooth background blur - A 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm gives out of focus regions a softer, more uniform feel – so your foreground subjects stand out sharply against beautiful, smooth background blur.
Superb image quality - The EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM incorporates three aspherical elements to ensure corner-to-corner sharpness and clarity throughout the focal range. Two UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) elements virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations. Super Spectra Coating ensure accurate colour balance and enhance contrast. They also reduce flare and ghosting – a common problem caused by light bouncing off a camera's sensor. Fluorine coatings prevent dust and water droplets sticking to front and rear lens elements to help ensure optimum image quality.
0.28m minimum focusing distance - With only a 0.28m focusing distance through the entire zoom range, you can get closer to your subjects and still enjoy a wide field of view.
Non-rotating front element - Easily attach 77mm filters thanks to the non-rotating front element.
Claim €75 cashback with qualifying camera
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 98° - 54°,74°10′ - 38°,108°10′ - 63°
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 16/12
- No. of diaphragm blades - 9
- Minimum aperture - 22
- Closest focussing distance (m) - 0.28
- Maximum magnification (x) - 0.23x (at 35mm)
- Distance Information - Yes
- Image stabilizer - 4.0 (tested under CIPA standards)
- AF actuator - Ring USM( Full time Manual focus)
- PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS Dust/moisture resistance - Yes (Lenses with dust/moisture resistance are fitted with a rubber ring on the lens mount which may cause sligth abrasion of the camera mount. This in no way effects either the lens or camera performance.)
- Filter diameter (mm) - 77
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 82.6 x 112.8
- Weight (g) - 615
- Lens cap: E-77 II
- Lens hood: EW-82
- Lens case/pouch: LP1219
- Rear cap: Lens Dust Cap E
- Magnification w/ Extension Tube EF12 II: 0.63-0.36 (Not Compatible at wide angles)
- Magnification w/ Extension Tube EF25 II: 1.12-0.80 (Not Compatible at wide angles)
- Extender Compatiblity: Not Compatible
- Other Accessories: Close-up lens 500D, tele only - 0.07 to 0.28xGelatin Filter Holder IV for full telephoto only