EF 85MM F/1.8 USM
An ideal optic for portraiture
A short telephoto focal length, combined with a large maximum aperture and fast autofocus speed, make the EF 85mm f/1.8 USM an ideal optic for any photographer shooting portraiture.
- Fast f/1.8 aperture
- Short/medium telephoto lens
- USM focus motor with full-time manual focus
- 85cm closest focusing distance
- 58mm filter size
- Super Spectra coatings reduce ghosting and flare
A practical and portability telephoto lens - he EF 85mm f/1.8 USM produces images that are sharp and clear at all apertures. A virtually circular aperture diaphragm gives out-of-focus regions a softer, more even feel, and lets in-focus subjects stand out against a blurred background. The lens features a non-rotating front element during focusing, enabling specialist filters (such as polarisers and graduates) to be used.
Large f/1.8 aperture - A large maximum aperture of f/1.8 lets photographers shoot hand-held in difficult, low-light conditions, as well as restrict depth-of-field for creative effects
Compressed perspective in portraiture - The short telephoto focal length of the lens slightly compresses perspective, reducing the size of prominent facial features for a flattering result.
Ultrasonic focusing - A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
Super Spectra coating - Super Spectra coatings ensure accurate colour balance and enhance contrast. They also reduce flare and ghosting – a common problem caused by light bouncing off a camera's sensor.
Integration with E-TTL II flash metering - The lens passes distance information back to a compatible EOS camera's E-TTL II flash system to ensure optimal flash metering."
Claim €50 cashback with a qualifying camera!
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
Full Product Details
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 24°, 16°, 28°30'
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 9/7
- No. of diaphragm blades - 8
- Minimum aperture - 22
- Closest focusing distance (m) - 0.85
- Maximum magnification (x) - 0.13
- AF actuator - USM (Mechanical full-time manual focusing built-in.)
- Filter diameter (mm) - 58
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 75 x 71.5
- Weight (g) - 425
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II - 0.27 - 0.15
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF25 II - 0.44 - 0.32
- Lens Cap - E-58U / E-58II
- Lens hood - ET-65III
- Hard case - LH-B12
- Soft case - ES-C13/LP1014