EFS60MM F/2.8 MACRO USM
first true Macro lens in the EF-S series
The EF-S series lenses are designed for cameras with APS-C sensors. The EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM is the first true Macro lens in the EF-S series. A dynamic, compact, fast-focusing lens, it provides dramatic detail that goes beyond the human eye.
- Approx. 96mm focal length (35mm format)
- Compact and lightweight
- High corner-to-corner resolution, contrast and image quality
- Fast auto focus with near-silent USM
- Full-time manual focus override
- Super Spectra coating
With its ability to focus life-size images onto the image sensor, the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM offers true macro performance in the EF-S lens series. Having an effective focal length of approximately 96mm in 35mm format, it produces breathtaking close-up results. A minimum focusing distance of just 20cm gets you super close to your subject, filling the frame with the subject in the highest detail you require.
The EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM works in harmony with EF-S mount EOS cameras to let you explore an exciting new photographic dimension. Nature photographers will delight in the ability to capture the intricate beauty of tiny features. With capacity to reproduce an image on the sensor as large as the subject itself, you will take your audience on a journey inside a magnificent miniature world.
Portrait photographers will enjoy working with the large aperture, which narrows depth of field and creates beautiful background blur, making your subject stand out with dramatic effect.
The EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM adds enormous versatility to your kit while adding little weight. Its near-silent Ultra Sonic Motor provides super-fast precision auto-focusing with full-time manual override.
Over 60 years of optical engineering has gone into producing a lens that delivers exacting picture quality standards. Canon lens technologies combine to produce high corner-to-corner resolution, brightness, contrast and balanced colour reproduction throughout all focusing distances.
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements with Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off the camera sensor. An exclusive optional lens hood further reduces the risk of flare.
Claim €60 cashback with a qualifying camera!
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
Detailed Product Features
- 35mm film equivalent focal length- Approx. 96
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 20°40', 14°10', 24°30'
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 12/8
- No. of diaphragm blades - 7
- Minimum aperture - 32
- Closest focusing distance (m) - 0.20
- Maximum magnification (x) - 1.00
- Distance information - Yes
- Image stabilizer - No¹ ( Based on a shutter speed of "1/focal length" seconds, said to be the limit for photography without image stabilization)
- AF actuator - USM¹ (Mechanical full-time manual focusing built-in)
- Filter diameter (mm) - 52
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 73 x 69.8
- Weight (g) - 335
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II - 1.28 - 0.20¹
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF25 II - 1.61 - 0.44
- Lens Cap - E-52U / E-52II
- Lens hood - ET-67B
- Soft case - LP1016