EF 50MM F/1.4 USM
Superb all rounder
With its fast maximum aperture and rapid focusing system, the compact, high performance EF 50mm f/1.4 USM standard lens can be relied on for superb performance in any field of photography.
- Fast f/1.4 aperture
- Standard 46° angle of view
- USM focus motor with full-time manual focus override
- 45cm closest focusing distance
- Aspherical lens element
- 58mm filter size
Versatile, compact standard-lens design - Gaussian optics, combined with two high-refraction lens elements allow photographers working in all fields to capture crisp, clean images, even wide open at f/1.4. The lens is ideal for photographing landscapes and travel scenes as well as portraits and reportage.
Ultrasonic focusing - A ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
Smooth background blur - A virtually circular aperture diaphragm gives out of focus regions a softer, more uniform feel. Sharp foreground objects stand out against a smooth blurred background.
Super Spectra coating - Super Spectra coatings ensure accurate colour balance and enhance contrast. They also reduce flare and ghosting – a common problem caused by light bouncing off a camera's sensor.
Claim €50 cashback with a qualifying camera!
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 40°, 27°, 46°
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 7/6
- No. of diaphragm blades - 8
- Minimum aperture - 22
- Closest focusing distance (m) - 0.45
- Maximum magnification (x) - 0.15
- AF actuator - Micro USM¹ (Mechanical full-time manual focusing built-in.)
- Filter diameter (mm) - 58
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 73.8 x 50.5
- Weight (g) - 290
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II - 0.39 - 0.24
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF25 II - 0.68 - 0.53
- Lens Cap - E-58U / E-58II
- Lens hood - ES-71 II
- Hard case - LHP-C10
- Soft case - ES-C9/LP1014