EF 40MM F/2.8 STM
A versatile, compact, pancake lens
A versatile, compact pancake lens. A fast maximum aperture enables low-light shooting and depth-of-field control. STM provides smooth quiet autofocus when shooting video with compatible cameras.
- Portable pancake design
- Smooth, quiet STM focusing when shooting movies on compatible cameras
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture for low-light shooting
- Close focus to 0.3m
- Fast, quiet AF for pin-sharp results
- Great image quality right across the frame
Extremely compact and portable design - Never be without your EOS. The compact pancake EF 40mm f/2.8 STM is very thin, so you’ll always be able to take your DSLR with you.
Smooth and quiet AF, STM focussing for movies - Fast, accurate autofocusing ensures pin-sharp images even in tough conditions. Movie Servo AF with STM uses stepping-motor technology for smooth, quiet autofocus when filming on compatible Canon DSLRs.
Useful low light shooting - An f/2.8–22 aperture range provides control over depth of field, giving you the freedom to restrict or extend focus as required. A fast maximum aperture allows hand-held shooting in low light without using flash.
Great image quality designed for travel versatility - A versatile 40mm focal length is great for travel. Tackle everything from portraits to landscape and street photography. Great image quality right across the frame, thanks to an aspherical lens design and Super Spectra coatings.
Claim €25 cashback with a qualifying camera!
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
Full product specification
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 49º, 34º,57º
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 6/4
- No. of diaphragm blades - 7
- Minimum aperture - 22
- Closest focussing distance (m) - 0.3
- Maximum magnification (x) - 0.18
- Distance Information - Provided
- AF actuator - STM
- Filter diameter (mm) - 52
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 68.2 x 22.8
- Weight (g) - 130
- Lens Cap - E-52 / E-52II
- Lens hood - ES-52
- Lens case/pouch - LP811
- Magnification Extension Tube EF12 II - 0.50-0.32
- Magnification Extension Tube EF25 II - 0.88-0.70