EF 35MM F/2 IS USM
Ideal for low light photography
A 35mm prime lens with a four-stop Image Stabilizer and f/2 maximum aperture – ideal for low-light photography. Ultrasonic AF is fast and accurate. An aspherical lens element boosts image quality.
- Up to four stops of image stablisation
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture
- Ultrasonic AF for quick and accurate focusing
- Compact, lightweight design
- Eight-bladed aperture for smooth bokeh
- Moulded glass elements for consistent sharpness
- 0.24m minimum focus distance
A natural wide-angle view - Offering a natural perspective and a wider angle of view, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is a good alternative standard lens to a traditional 50mm optic when used on a full-frame DSLR. On EOS cameras with APS-C sized sensors it gives an angle of view similar to a 56mm lens.
Image stabilisation for low-light shooting - Shoot hand held in low-light conditions using shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower than usually recommended. Image Stabilizer (IS) technology detects automatically when a photographer is panning to follow moving objects and switches off stablisation in this direction.
Large f/2 maximum aperture - Shooting with apertures as wide as f/2 enables photographers to work with shallow depth of field. Enjoy a bright viewfinder image and use relatively fast shutter speeds even in dim conditions.
Advanced autofocus - Enjoy fast, near-silent autofocus thanks to a ring-type ultrasonic AF motor. Stay in control with full-time manual focus override.
Sophisticated optical design - An aspherical lens element maximises image quality while a eight-bladed aperture diaphragm delivers smooth, out-of-focus bokeh. The EF 35mm f/2 IS USM focuses down to 0.24m, letting you get close to your subjects.
Compact design - Small enough to always warrant a place in your bag, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is perfect for reportage and street photography.
Claim €70 cashback with a qualifying camera!
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
Full Product Specification
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 63°, 38°, 54°
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 10/8
- No. of diaphragm blades - 8
- Minimum aperture - 22
- Closest focussing distance (m) - 0.24
- Maximum magnification (x) - 0.24
- Distance Information - Provided
- Image stabilizer - 4 stops
- AF actuator - Ring USM (Full time Manual focus)
- Filter diameter (mm) - 67
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 77.9x 62.6
- Weight (g) - 335
- Lens Cap - E-67 II
- Lens hood - EW-72
- Lens case/pouch - LP1116
- Magnification Extension Tube EF12 II - 0.60-0.36
- Magnification Extension Tube EF25 II - 1.04-0.79