EF 24MM F/1.4L II USM
The ultimate in fast aperture wide-angle lenses
UD and aspherical elements eliminate distortion and aberrations for stunning results. A f/1.4 maximum aperture allows hand-held shooting in low light.
- Wide 84° angle of view
- Fast f/1.4 aperture
- Aspherical and UD lens elements
- Subwavelength structure coating
- USM focus motor with full-time manual focus
- Floating internal focus mechanism
- Weather and dust seals
- Robust build quality
Fast aperture prime lens, The EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM has a large maximum aperture of f/1.4, making hand-held shooting possible in low light. Such large apertures can be used to restrict depth of field, even at such short focal lengths. Circular diaphragm blades result in smooth out-of-focus regions (bokeh).
Aspherical and UD elements, For optimum visual performance, the lens incorporates two types of special elements: aspherical elements to correct spherical aberrations, and Super UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements to eliminate secondary chromatic aberrations. The result is crisp, high contrast and undistorted image quality all the way across the frame.
Subwavelength structure lens coating, Canon’s patented lens element coating minimises the ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections within a lens and helps the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM to deliver crisp, clear images.
Ultrasonic focusing, A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
L-series quality, The L-series is Canon's flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture.
Lead-free optics, Environmentally friendly, lead-free glass is used throughout the construction of the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM.
Claim €100 cashback with qualifying camera
Purchase one of the selected EOS Cameras and then purchase one of the selected Canon lenses either with the camera or within 90 days to claim up to your cashback from Canon UK & Ireland (Not valid with any other Canon offer, T&Cs apply). Reward must be claimed via the Online Claim Form. Offer extended indefinitely.
As at 20/06/2018 qualifying cameras include:
- EOS M6
- EOS M5
- EOS 5D MARK III
- EOS 5D MARK IV
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 1D X MARK II
- EOS 80D
- EOS 6D MARK II
- EOS 6D
- EOS 7D MARK II
- EOS 77D
Full Specification of EF 24mm F/1.4 II USM
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) - 74°, 53°, 84°
- Lens construction (elements/groups) - 13/10
- No. of diaphragm blades - 8
- Minimum aperture - 22
- Closest focusing distance (m) - 0.25
- Maximum magnification (x) - 0.17
- Distance information - Provided
- AF actuator - Ring USM (Full time Manual focus)
- Dust/moisture resistance - Yes (Lenses with dust/moisture resistance are fitted with a rubber ring on the lens mount which may cause sligth abrasion of the camera mount. This in no way effects either the lens or camera performance.)
- Filter diameter (mm) - 77
- Max. diameter x length (mm) - 83.5 x 86.9
- Weight (g) - 650g
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II
- Lens Cap - E-77U /E-77II
- Lens hood - EW-83K
- Soft case - LP1319