Genuine EU Stock
At Gunns we are committed to sourcing the best quality products for our customers at the best possible price. We deal only with stock that has been imported through official channels and certified under strict EU safety standards. This means that all import duties have been paid, and warranties are supported by manufacturers through their official European engineers, with whom we deal directly.
There are retailers who will ship products to customers in Ireland from outside the EU (often they may appear to be UK based). Should you buy from such a source you should be aware that there are risks associated with buying a grey import. Grey imported goods are products sourced from outside the normal European distribution channels, usually from the USA or Asia, either shipped in directly to specific customers or imported in bulk for resale.
Some pitfalls of buying a grey import include:
* The manufacturer will not support the standard warranty
* A grey import will not qualify for any extended warranty offered by the maufacturer upon registration of the equipment
* A grey import will not be eligible for any cash back or other promotions that are run by the manufacturers or official distributors
* Sometimes manufacturers will not undertake chargeable repairs on grey imports at their official repair centres
* You can be liable for both import duty and VAT on your purchase if shipped directly to you
* Some online grey import retailers may leave you liable and out of pocket if the parcel goes missing in transit
* It will be more difficult if not impossible to return an item that has a problem
* You will not be protected by the 14 day cooling off period that is allowed for under European law
* As the goods have not been designed to be sold in Europe, there may be issues of incompatibility (power supply and plugs and instructions may not be in English or suited to the Irish set up)